Friday, June 05, 2009

Life Soundtrack 15



Blind, by Lifehouse

The chorus of this song evokes memories from the time I fell in love with a close friend (not consciously, but no less deeply for it) and then had to let him go when he met the woman who is now his wife and moved away to be with her.

After all this time, I never thought we'd be here
Never thought we'd be here when my love for you was blind
But I couldn't make you see it, couldn't make you see it
That I loved you more than you'll ever know
And part of me died when I let you go

It wasn't until years later that I was able to piece it all together and figure out why saying goodbye to him hurt so much more than any of the other goodbyes I've said over the course of my life. Not that there ever could have been anything more than friendship between us - and not that I would have ever tried to hold him back even if I'd thought I could have - but at the time the pain was very real.

No comments: