Friday, December 04, 2009

Bits of Interest

1. Here's one creative way of dealing with anti-gay demonstrators. At the very least, it's better than matching venom with venom...


2. One conservative shares why he's parting ways with what currently passes for a right wing in the United States. My own libertarian leanings caused me to begin distancing myself from the Republican party after the 2000 election, so I can relate.

3. Along the lines of questioning dogma, James Hanley shares how he came to the conclusion that there are no good arguments (outside of religious dogma) to be made against same-sex marriage. I remember how surprised I was when I came to the realization that the only reasonably coherent arguments that opponents of gay marriage ever made were based on appeals to the Bible (almost always one or more of the major "clobber passages," when a particular passage was even referenced).

4. Continuing on with that thought, Senator Diane Savino made a strong case for same-sex marriage (and exposed the blatant hypocrisy of opponents) during the New York State Senate's deliberations on marriage equality:

No comments: