Friday, October 12, 2007

Tagged Again

It would appear I'm not a fast runner, as I've been tagged by JJ. So here goes...

1. What were you doing ten years ago?

Life was going very well – I was attending a great church, finishing up the Living Waters program and hanging out with the best group of friends a guy could ask for. At work I was promoted into a position that I could regard as the beginning of an actual career. There was even a girl at church that I thought I might be interested in. There was no physical attraction to speak of, but surely that was bound to follow eventually.

By that fall all three of the guys in my inner circle had met the women they would go on to marry, and two of them proceeded to drop off the face of the earth. The third would move away the following spring, which left me feeling hurt, confused and more than a little disillusioned. Here God had brought these incredible friends into my life just when I needed them, and poof, just when we were really bonding they were gone again.

The following year I’d jump into another group that promised to provide the same level of community. Unfortunately that group turned into a rather dysfunctional and unhealthy environment, and on top of that the lengthy commute from my new residence would soon leave me perpetually stressed out and sleep deprived. To top it all off I had yet to become any straighter, but I’ve already talked about that aspect of the story plenty of times.

2. What were you doing one year ago?

Life wasn’t much different than it is now. Last spring I officially stopped attending the ex-gay ministry I’d been a part of, right around the same time that I finally resolved the whole Side A/Side B debate in my own mind. I also started attending a new (affirming) church and building some friendships there.

3. What are five snacks you enjoy?

Fresh fruit (most varieties), trail mix, chips & salsa (or guacamole), popcorn, beef jerky

4. What are five songs you know the lyrics to?

-4:12 (Switchfoot)
-Why Georgia Why (John Mayer)
-More (Matthew West)
-Liquid (Jars of Clay)
-Wait For the Sun (PFR)

5. Five Things You Would Do If You Were A Millionaire

-Start a charitable foundation
-Buy a house
-Travel to Europe
-Learn more about tax shelters
-Patronize the arts

6. Five Bad Habits

-Not getting to bed on time
-Drinking too much caffeine
-Playing computer games on warm, sunny days
-Avoiding confrontation
-Blogging during slow work days

7. Five Things You Like To Do

-Play board games
-Read
-Collect (books, DVDs, CDs, games)
-Watch SciFi-themed TV shows
-Eat out

8. Five Things You Would Never Wear

-Anything orange
-Drag
-Spandex
-Baggy pants that hang below the waistline
-Speedos (and the world rejoiced)

9. Five Favorite Toys

-My computer (a Mac, of course)
-My DVD player
-My car
-The Minas Tirith replica that came with my Return of the King DVD set
-My game collection

10. Five Things You Hate To Do

-Dust
-Conduct business over the phone
-Move to a new residence
-Say goodbye to friends
-Get up before 8 am

So there you have it. Now, it's time to see who's paying attention: I tag Peterson, Christine and David.

No comments: