Friday, January 30, 2009

Bibliography

This is something I've been meaning to get around to for some time: a list of the various books I've either reviewed or cited on my blog. I've also added a few books that have influenced my thinking even though I haven't directly referred to them here.

Armstrong, Karen: A History of God
Bell, Rob: Velvet Elvis
Boyd, Gregory: God of the Possible
Boyd, Gregory: The Myth of a Christian Nation
Burke, Spencer: A Heretic’s Guide to Eternity
Chapman, Patrick: Thou Shalt Not Love
Ellul, Jacques: The Subversion of Christianity
Fowler, James: Stages of Faith
Lewis, C.S.: The Great Divorce
Martin, Dale: Sex and the Single Savior
McLaren, Brian: A New Kind of Christian
McLaren, Brian: The Last Word and the Word After That
McLaren, Brian: The Secret Message of Jesus
Miller, Donald: Blue Like Jazz
Miller, Donald: Prayer and the Art of Volkswagen Maintenance
Nouwen, Henri: Bread For the Journey
Nouwen, Henri: The Genesee Diary
Pagitt, Doug: A Christianity Worth Believing
Schaeffer, Frank: Crazy For God
Smith, Chuck, Jr. and Matt Whitlock: Frequently Avoided Questions
Sullivan, Andrew: The Conservative Soul
Sullivan, Andrew: Virtually Normal
Temple, Gray: Gay Unions In the Light of Scripture, Tradition and Reason
Tolkien, J.R.R.: The Fellowship of the Ring
Yaconelli, Mike: Messy Spirituality
Yancey, Philip: The Jesus I Never Knew
Yancey, Philip: What’s So Amazing About Grace?

And since there's always some smart aleck who will ask why the Bible isn't on this list, well, here it is.

There are many more books that have inspired me over the course of my life, of course - not to mention countless articles, essays, poems, stories, songs, movies, speeches and conversations - but this will have to do for now.

No comments: