Friday, April 17, 2009

Links

There's always interesting stuff out there in (and beyond) the blogosphere...

-This essay nicely articulates why I view 'liberal' and 'conservative' as opposite faces of the same authoritarian coin.

-Over the past couple of years I've come to see the doctrine of inerrancy as not only unbiblical, but ultimately detrimental to the Christian faith. And now there's a book out that helps to document the latter point.

-Via my friend Eric, this story illustrates how it is possible for us to come together even if we disagree on significant issues.

-Mike and Mel White were my favorite team on this season of the Amazing Race. Here's an interview with Mel that will be of interest to anyone who watches the show.

-I love Stephen Colbert. Not that I always agree with him on everything, but this is an awesome parody.

-Finally, who doesn't love it when the 'ugly duckling' turns out to be a beautiful swan?

2 comments:

Tossed_Salad said...

Eugene:

I want to thank you for your blog. I appreciate the learnings your share from other blogs, to the books and articles you've read, to the insights from your own journey. So much of what you write echoes what I've been discovering and have come to realize as well (e.g., "Chapter & Verse", insights into liberal v. conservative ideologies, the need for true community, etc.)

You once wrote about giftings (from the biblical lists). You weren't sure how you fit into those, if I remember correctly. Let me affirm that one of your gifts is definitely writing. You do so with amazing clarity, which I think reflects a heart open to God, others and yourself, as well as from a love that insists on fairness even in the face of harsh judgments and expectations from others.

I thank God for you, and for your willingness to share so freely what you've been learning. You are blessing to the world. May you always know God's embrace even when those claiming to speak for God may reject you.

Keep sharing. You not only speak with eloquence, but also from a place of Love. That is so refreshing to my soul. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Eugene said...

Tossed_Salad,

Thank you for your words of encouragement.